<reporting> has a <excludeDefaults> element under it. What exactly are
the defaults ?

I thought they are the issue-tracking, license, team etc that's
generated by default.

I don't want my submodules in a multi-project build to generate this
set of html files over and over again. How can I prevent them from
doing so ?

I have the following section in every one of my submodule.
<reporting>
<excludeDefaults>true</excludeDefaults>
</reporting>

But it doesn't seem to make a difference.

In fact, having this in the top level pom also doesn't seem to make a
difference. Those htmls are always created.

So either my understanding of defaults is wrong or this doesn't work.

If these are indeed the default reports, then it would also be nice if
the <reporting> elemnt had a <inherited> under it.

Cheers
Prasad

  • Brett Porter at Feb 23, 2006 at 10:45 pm
    The defaults are what is in the project info menu.

    There was a bug in 2.0.2 that causes the value not to be inherited.
    Fixed in 2.0.3.

    Not sure why putting it in all the child projects didn't help, though.

    - Brett