Solr is the popular, blazing fast, open source NoSQL search platform from
the Apache Lucene project. Its major features include powerful full-text
search, hit highlighting, faceted search and analytics, rich document
parsing, geospatial search, extensive REST APIs as well as parallel SQL.
Solr is enterprise grade, secure and highly scalable, providing fault
tolerant distributed search and indexing, and powers the search and
navigation features of many of the world's largest internet sites.
Solr 6.1.0 is available for immediate download at:
Please read CHANGES.txt for a full list of new features and changes:
Solr 6.1 Release Highlights:
* Added graph traversal support, and new "sort" and "random" streaming
expressions. It's also now possible to create streaming expressions with
the Solr Admin UI.
* Fixed the ENUM faceting method to not be unnecessarily rewritten to FCS,
which was causing slowdowns.
* Reduced garbage creation when creating cache entries.
* New [subquery] document transformer to obtatin related documents per
* EmbeddedSolrServer allocates heap much wisely even with plain document
list without callbacks.
* New GeoJSON response writer for encoding geographic data in query
Further details of changes are available in the change log available at:
Please report any feedback to the mailing lists (
Note: The Apache Software Foundation uses an extensive mirroring network
for distributing releases. It is possible that the mirror you are using may
not have replicated the release yet. If that is the case, please try
another mirror. This also applies to Maven access.