I need help in understanding a query in solr cloud.
When user issues a query , there are are two phases of query - one with the
purpose(from debug info) of GET_TOP_FIELDS and another with GET_FIELDS.

This is having an effect on end to end performance of the application.

- what triggers (any components like facet, highlight, spellchecker ??? )
the two calls
- How can I make a query to be executed only with GET_FIELDS only .

Search Discussions

  • Jeff Wartes at Jun 15, 2016 at 5:59 pm
    Any distributed query falls into the two-phase process. Actually, I think some components may require a third phase. (faceting?)

    However, there are also cases where only a single pass is required. A fl=id,score will only be a single pass, for example, since it doesn’t need to get the field values.

    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5768 would be a good place to read about some of this, and provides a way to help force a one-pass even if you need other fields.

    I need help in understanding a query in solr cloud.
    When user issues a query , there are are two phases of query - one with the
    purpose(from debug info) of GET_TOP_FIELDS and another with GET_FIELDS.

    This is having an effect on end to end performance of the application.

    - what triggers (any components like facet, highlight, spellchecker ??? )
    the two calls
    - How can I make a query to be executed only with GET_FIELDS only .
  • Raveendra Yerraguntla at Jun 15, 2016 at 8:50 pm
    Thank you Jeff . Let me try out how much of improvement I get out of single pass param

    Sent from my iPhone
[...]

groupsolr-user @
categorieslucene
postedJun 15, '16 at 2:31p