      I have followed what the documentation says in this page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/BlockJoin+Faceting

This is my current select requestHandler in solrconfig.xml

<requestHandler name="/select" class="solr.SearchHandler">
      <lst name="defaults">
        <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>
        <int name="rows">10</int>
      </lst>
      <arr name="last-components">
        <str>bjqFacetComponent</str>
      </arr>
</requestHandler>

And the bjqFacetComponent is:
<searchComponent name="bjqFacetComponent"
class="org.apache.solr.search.join.BlockJoinFacetComponent"/>
<searchComponent name="bjqDocsetFacetComponent"
class="org.apache.solr.search.join.BlockJoinDocSetFacetComponent"/>

<requestHandler name="/bjqfacet"
class="org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler">
    <lst name="defaults">
      <str name="shards.qt">/bjqfacet</str>
    </lst>
    <arr name="last-components">
      <str>bjqFacetComponent</str>
    </arr>
</requestHandler>

<requestHandler name="/bjqdocsetfacet"
class="org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler">
    <lst name="defaults">
      <str name="shards.qt">/bjqdocsetfacet</str>
    </lst>
    <arr name="last-components">
      <str>bjqDocsetFacetComponent</str>
    </arr>
</requestHandler>

As the documentation says.
I am using solr 6.0.1, I have copied the schema to
solr/server/configsets/ and uploaded to zookeeper via command line and
then reloaded the collection and re-indexed the collection as well. But
the select handler never responds to child.facet.field for a field in
child documents. It always gives me zero result with nothing inside the
array. I have looked at the document that I am indexing and found that
indeed there is data in my child document to match the facet field, but
alas no results.
It neither gives results with select handler nor with bjqfacet handler.
With select handler all I am getting is the keys but not the values i.e.
count , counts are always zero. With bjqfacet handler I am getting an
empty array, no keys no values.

--
Thanks & Regards
Pranaya Behera

Search Discussions

  • Mikhail Khludnev at Jun 13, 2016 at 8:29 pm
    Can you post response on q=*:*&debugQuery=true?
[...]

    Sincerely yours
    Mikhail Khludnev
    Principal Engineer,
    Grid Dynamics

    <http://www.griddynamics.com>
    <mkhludnev@griddynamics.com>
  • Pranaya Behera at Jun 14, 2016 at 5:12 am
    Hi Mikhail,
                      Here is the response for

       q=*:*&debugQuery=true:

    https://gist.github.com/shadow-fox/495c50cda339e2a18550e41a524f03f0

[...]

  • Mikhail Khludnev at Jun 14, 2016 at 7:33 am
    OK. And how does response looks like on meaningful child.facet.field
    request with debugQuery?
    14 июня 2016 г. 8:12 пользователь "Pranaya Behera" <pranaya.behera@igp.com>
    Can you post response on q=*:*&debugQuery=true?

    On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 5:01 PM, Pranaya Behera <pranaya.behera@igp.com>

[...]

  • Pranaya Behera at Jun 14, 2016 at 9:21 am
    Here it is:
    https://gist.github.com/shadow-fox/150c1e5d11cccd4a5bafd307c717ff85

groupsolr-user @
categorieslucene