I have a SolrCloud cluster in one data center, but as backup I want to have
a second (replicated) cluster in another data center.

What I want is to replicate to this second cluster, but I don't want my
queries to go to this cluster. Is this possible within SolrCloud? As now it
seems to replicate, but also distribute the query request to this replicated
server.

Gr

  • Erick Erickson at Jun 22, 2015 at 2:55 pm
    Currently, one is best off treating these as two separate clusters and
    having your client send the data to both, or reproducing your
    system-of-record and running your DCs completely separately.

    Hopefully soon, though, there'll be what you're asking for
    active/passive DCs, see:

    Best,
    Erick
    I have a SolrCloud cluster in one data center, but as backup I want to have
    a second (replicated) cluster in another data center.

    What I want is to replicate to this second cluster, but I don't want my
    queries to go to this cluster. Is this possible within SolrCloud? As now it
    seems to replicate, but also distribute the query request to this replicated
    server.

    Gr

  • KNitin at Nov 15, 2015 at 2:56 pm
    We built and open sourced haft precisely for such use cases.
    https://github.com/bloomreach/solrcloud-haft

    <https://github.com/bloomreach/solrcloud-haft> You can clone an entire
    cluster or selective collections between clusters. It has only been tested
    upto solr 4.10.

    Let me know if you run into issues
    Nitin

    On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 10:16 AM, StrW_dev <r.j.bamberg@structweb.nl
    I have a SolrCloud cluster in one data center, but as backup I want to have
    a second (replicated) cluster in another data center.

    What I want is to replicate to this second cluster, but I don't want my
    queries to go to this cluster. Is this possible within SolrCloud? As now it
    seems to replicate, but also distribute the query request to this
    replicated
    server.

    Gr

  • Arcadius Ahouansou at Nov 15, 2015 at 8:59 pm
    Hello Gr.

    We are in a similar situation to yours... and we are using

    It is a small patch for the SolrJ client that can send all of your queries
    to your main DC unless all nodes in the main DC are down.
    Write/updates/delete and admin operations remain unchanged.

    All you need is to come up with a regex describing the SolrCloud nodes in
    your main DC and pass the regex to all of your SolrJ clients.

    Hope this helps.

    Arcadius.

[...]

    Menelic Ltd | Information is Power
    M: 07908761999