Hi everybody

Anybody know how-to get content is put in the index queue but is not
committed?
I am developing a custom UpdateRequestProcessorFactory and in the ADD
Event I see the documents, and I would need to access this same
documents in the Commit event. When the add event has implicit commit I
can access to the data, but when the commit event is alone after add
event I don't see like I have to do.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Search Discussions

  • Jazz at Feb 20, 2013 at 8:43 pm
    Hi,

    I managed to get Solr and UIMA work together. When I send a document to Solr it annotates the field "contents" and adds the result of the UIMA annotations to e.g. a field "location". My question is: how do I annotate the contents of an already existing solr database without triggering an /update ? My UIMA processor defaults for an /update command.
    I was thinking about exporting the contents and re-importing it but that seems too complex using the DIH. Is there a smarter way?

    Regards Bart
  • Alexandre Rafalovitch at Feb 20, 2013 at 8:51 pm
    Why not just reindex? I could think of a couple of ugly hacks, but reindex
    is better first option.

    Regards,
    Alex
    I managed to get Solr and UIMA work together. When I send a document to
    Solr it annotates the field "contents" and adds the result of the UIMA
    annotations to e.g. a field "location". My question is: how do I annotate
    the contents of an already existing solr database without triggering an
    /update ? My UIMA processor defaults for an /update command.
    I was thinking about exporting the contents and re-importing it but that
    seems too complex using the DIH. Is there a smarter way?

    Regards Bart
  • Jazzsalsa at Feb 21, 2013 at 6:23 am
    Reposted because I did not arrive at the list (I didn't see it)

    I managed to get Solr and UIMA work together. When I send a document to Solr it annotates the field "contents" and adds the result of the UIMA annotations to e.g. a field "location". My question is: how do I annotate the contents of an already existing solr database without triggering an /update ? My UIMA processor defaults for an /update command.
    I was thinking about exporting the contents and re-importing it but that seems too complex using the DIH. Is there a smarter way?

    Regards Bart
  • Tommaso Teofili at Feb 21, 2013 at 9:46 am
    Hi Bart,

    I think the only way you can do that is by reindexing, or maybe by just
    doing a dummy atomic update [1] to each of the documents (e.g. adding or
    changing a field of type 'ignored' or something like that) that weren't
    "tagged" by UIMA before.

    Regards,
    Tommaso

    [1] : http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Atomic_Updates

    Reposted because I did not arrive at the list (I didn't see it)

    I managed to get Solr and UIMA work together. When I send a document to
    Solr it annotates the field "contents" and adds the result of the UIMA
    annotations to e.g. a field "location". My question is: how do I annotate
    the contents of an already existing solr database without triggering an
    /update ? My UIMA processor defaults for an /update command.
    I was thinking about exporting the contents and re-importing it but that
    seems too complex using the DIH. Is there a smarter way?

    Regards Bart
  • Chris Hostetter at Feb 21, 2013 at 6:29 pm