Hi:

I'm having an issue with solr 3.6.1 and I'm sensing that is a lack of understanding. I'm building a search engine, using of course solr to store the inverted index, so far so good. When I search for a term, let's say "java" I get 761 results, then querying the index with a "php" term give me 3194 results found. So if a do a query for java php (without any quotas) I suppose that solr will interpret this as an OR between the two terms, correct? so the results should be the JOIN between the two subsets of results? so can anyone explain why I get less results searching for the last query? java php without any quotes??

Thanks in advance!!

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci

  • Torben Honigbaum at Oct 4, 2012 at 3:13 pm
    Hi Jorge,

    maybe I've defined

    <solrQueryParser defaultOperator="AND"/>

    in your schema.xml

    Torben

    I'm having an issue with solr 3.6.1 and I'm sensing that is a lack of understanding. I'm building a search engine, using of course solr to store the inverted index, so far so good. When I search for a term, let's say "java" I get 761 results, then querying the index with a "php" term give me 3194 results found. So if a do a query for java php (without any quotas) I suppose that solr will interpret this as an OR between the two terms, correct? so the results should be the JOIN between the two subsets of results? so can anyone explain why I get less results searching for the last query? java php without any quotes??

    Thanks in advance!!

    http://www.uci.cu
    http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci
  • Jack Krupansky at Oct 4, 2012 at 3:13 pm
    Maybe the "mm" (minimum match) parameter is set to "100%" which is the same
    as using the "AND" operator. Set "mm" to "1" or "50%" or "25%" or whatever
    makes sense for your app.

    -- Jack Krupansky

    I'm having an issue with solr 3.6.1 and I'm sensing that is a lack of
    understanding. I'm building a search engine, using of course solr to store
    the inverted index, so far so good. When I search for a term, let's say
    "java" I get 761 results, then querying the index with a "php" term give me
    3194 results found. So if a do a query for java php (without any quotas) I
    suppose that solr will interpret this as an OR between the two terms,
    correct? so the results should be the JOIN between the two subsets of
    results? so can anyone explain why I get less results searching for the
    last query? java php without any quotes??

    Thanks in advance!!
    10mo. ANIVERSARIO DE LA CREACION DE LA UNIVERSIDAD DE LAS CIENCIAS
    INFORMATICAS...

    http://www.uci.cu
    http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci
  • Otis Gospodnetic at Oct 4, 2012 at 3:15 pm
    Hi Jorge,

    Have a look at http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ExtendedDisMax#mm_.28Minimum_.27Should.27_Match.29

    Have a look at http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CommonQueryParameters#Debugging
    for info about &debugQuery=true and friends.

    Otis

    On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Jorge Luis Betancourt Gonzalez