Kind Regards,

Christian Bordis

Search Discussions

  • Jack Krupansky at Sep 24, 2012 at 1:42 pm
    That looks like a valid Solr date math expression, but you need to make sure
    that the field type is actually a Solr "DateField" as opposed to simply an
    integer Unix time value.

    -- Jack Krupansky

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Christian Bordis
    Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 7:16 AM
    To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
    Subject: Range operator problems in Chef ( automating framework)

    Hi Everyone!

    We doing some nice stuff with Chef
    (http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Home). It uses solr for search but
    range queries don't work as expected. Maybe chef, solr just buggy or I am
    doing it wrong ;-)

    In chef I have bunch of nodes witch timestamp attribute. Now want search
    nodes with have timestamp not older than on hour:

    search(:node, "role:JSlave AND ohai_time:[NOW-1HOUR TO *]")

    Is this string in the call a solr compliant range expression at all?
    Unluckily, I have no toys at hand to verify this myself at the moment...
    but I work on this.

    Thanks for reading! ^^

    Kind Regards,

    Christian Bordis
  • Erick Erickson at Sep 24, 2012 at 10:17 pm
    Be a little careful, spaces here can mess you up. Particularly
    around the hyphen in -1hour. I.e. NOW -1HOUR is invalid but
    NOW-1HOUR is ok (note the space between W and -). There aren't
    any in your example, but just to be sure....

    One other note: you may get better performance out of making this
    a filter query fq, so it can be re-used, but you'll want to do some date
    rounding, see: http://searchhub.org/dev/2012/02/23/date-math-now-and-filter-queries/

    But one easy place to look at what eventually gets to Solr is the Solr logs,
    the queries are all put in that file as they come in (along with a lot of
    other stuff), so you have a chance to see whether what you're doing in Chef
    is getting to Solr as you wish...

    Best
    Erick

    -----Original Message----- From: Christian Bordis
    range queries don't work as expected. Maybe chef, solr just buggy or I am
    doing it wrong ;-)

    In chef I have bunch of nodes witch timestamp attribute. Now want search
    nodes with have timestamp not older than on hour:

    search(:node, "role:JSlave AND ohai_time:[NOW-1HOUR TO *]")

    Is this string in the call a solr compliant range expression at all?
    Unluckily, I have no toys at hand to verify this myself at the moment...
    but I work on this.

    Thanks for reading! ^^

    Kind Regards,

    Christian Bordis