Is there a way to specify a custom scorer in Solr using the XML configuration
file ? I want to
use the AND operator (e.g. "Lucene AND Solr") to search multiple fields and
then add the
similarity score for each field using a custom similiarity computation for
each.

Thanks.

  • Yonik Seeley at Jan 3, 2007 at 3:14 am

    Is there a way to specify a custom scorer in Solr using the XML configuration
    file ? I want to
    use the AND operator (e.g. "Lucene AND Solr") to search multiple fields and
    then add the
    similarity score for each field using a custom similiarity computation for
    each.
    Both of these are in the schema... look through the provided example schema.xml

    -Yonik
  • Escher2k at Jan 3, 2007 at 8:39 pm
    Yonik,
    I only saw options to specify the default operator (AND|OR) and to
    specify similarity. There was nothing for scoring - in case I need to modify
    the
    scoring. I got the similarity working by creating my own class.

    Thanks.

    Yonik Seeley wrote:
    Is there a way to specify a custom scorer in Solr using the XML
    configuration
    file ? I want to
    use the AND operator (e.g. "Lucene AND Solr") to search multiple fields
    and
    then add the
    similarity score for each field using a custom similiarity computation
    for
    each.
    Both of these are in the schema... look through the provided example
    schema.xml

    -Yonik
  • Yonik Seeley at Jan 3, 2007 at 8:56 pm

    I only saw options to specify the default operator (AND|OR) and to
    specify similarity. There was nothing for scoring - in case I need to modify
    the
    scoring. I got the similarity working by creating my own class.
    If you created your own Similarity implementation, then just specify
    it in the schema.xml.
    If you created your own Scorer, then that's a whole different
    matter... you need to create a custom query handler to use it (start
    with standard or dismax).

    -Yonik
  • Escher2k at Jan 5, 2007 at 3:25 am
    Yonik,
    I have my own Similarity and now need to write my own Scorer for muti
    field scoring.
    Is extending DisMaxQueryScorer the way to go ?

    Thanks.

    Yonik Seeley wrote:
    I only saw options to specify the default operator (AND|OR) and to
    specify similarity. There was nothing for scoring - in case I need to
    modify
    the
    scoring. I got the similarity working by creating my own class.
    If you created your own Similarity implementation, then just specify
    it in the schema.xml.
    If you created your own Scorer, then that's a whole different
    matter... you need to create a custom query handler to use it (start
    with standard or dismax).

    -Yonik
  • Mike Klaas at Jan 5, 2007 at 5:39 am