I'm using Solr now for a while and I'm feeling fine. Its much easier to use
as native Lucene.
Many thanks for the good job.

But one question cames up as the index goes bigger and bigger: is it
possible to add fields to the schema without a complete reindex ?

We are using Solr for a b2b catalog application with millions of records. A
complete reindex takes hours.

Kindly regards
Lutz Steinborn
http://www.4c-ag.de

Search Discussions

  • Mike Klaas at Apr 3, 2007 at 5:16 pm

    But one question cames up as the index goes bigger and bigger: is it
    possible to add fields to the schema without a complete reindex ?
    Absolutely.

    -Mike

groupsolr-dev @
categorieslucene
postedApr 3, '07 at 12:19p
activeApr 3, '07 at 5:16p
websitelucene.apache.org...

2 users in discussion

Lutz Steinborn: 1 post Mike Klaas: 1 post