Has anyone used Lucene .Net on Windows Phone 7? Are there any barriers to
doing so?

Thanks!
Greg Weber

Search Discussions

  • Greg Weber at Jun 6, 2011 at 4:40 pm
    I asked this question in a broader sense of full text search on Windows
    Phone 7.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6191161/fast-full-text-search-on-windows-phone-7

    I was told that Lucene.Net would have to be ported to use Isolated Storage
    (instead of the filesystem directly), which would be a time consuming and
    possibly difficult task.
    Has anyone used Lucene .Net on Windows Phone 7? Are there any barriers to
    doing so?

    Thanks!
    Greg Weber
  • Simone Chiaretta at Jun 6, 2011 at 4:45 pm
    You could use the inmemory index instead of the file one, but then of course it would need to be populated every time you open the app

    From PiyoPad
    I asked this question in a broader sense of full text search on Windows
    Phone 7.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6191161/fast-full-text-search-on-windows-phone-7

    I was told that Lucene.Net would have to be ported to use Isolated Storage
    (instead of the filesystem directly), which would be a time consuming and
    possibly difficult task.
    Has anyone used Lucene .Net on Windows Phone 7? Are there any barriers to
    doing so?

    Thanks!
    Greg Weber
  • Itamar Syn-Hershko at Jun 6, 2011 at 4:51 pm
    Never coded to WP7 (yet), but if storage is the only thing to worry
    about then all you'll have to do is create an IsolatedStorageDirectory
    implementing Lucene.Net.Directories.Directory (IIRC). Take a look at
    FSDirectory and RAMDirectory for some implementation details. I don't
    think thats gonna be too hard to pull.
    I asked this question in a broader sense of full text search on Windows
    Phone 7.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6191161/fast-full-text-search-on-windows-phone-7

    I was told that Lucene.Net would have to be ported to use Isolated Storage
    (instead of the filesystem directly), which would be a time consuming and
    possibly difficult task.

    Has anyone used Lucene .Net on Windows Phone 7? Are there any barriers to
    doing so?

    Thanks!
    Greg Weber
  • Digy at Jun 6, 2011 at 9:04 pm
    With subclassing "Directory" and other related classes, you can even store
    your index in a DB.

    http://marceloochoa.blogspot.com/2007/09/running-lucene-inside-your-oracle-j
    vm.html

    DIGY.

[...]