I am using the Lucene.Net.dll version 2.0.0.4 with Standard Analyzer mode. We are using the Lucene.Net to perform a search on the Index files.

I found that the Lucene search does not work properly when I search for some data like abc-bcd. Though there are sufficient number of records with abc-bcd, it does not return any results.

But when I search for something like 2,4-D fetches me all the matching records.

Could you please help me in finding out what is the issue and why this search abc-bcd does not fetch result?

I have also tried escape character \ in the search query like:

abc\-bcd

I found some information on this in the web link given below, but I could not resolve the issue.

http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_0/queryparsersyntax.html

Could you please let me know if I am missing something here.

Also if you could provide me the details of any support group that can help me with Lucene .Net related issues, that will be really helpful.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Vas

Infosys e-mail system.

  • Digy digy at May 12, 2011 at 7:29 am

    I am using the Lucene.Net.dll version 2.0.0.4 with Standard Analyzer mode.
    We are using the Lucene.Net to perform a search on the Index files.
    I strongly recommend to upgrade to 2.9.2

    I found that the Lucene search does not work properly when I search for
    some data like abc-bcd. Though there are sufficient number of records with
    abc-bcd, it does not return any results.

    But when I search for something like 2,4-D fetches me all the matching
    records.

    Could you please help me in finding out what is the issue and why this
    search abc-bcd does not fetch result?

    I have also tried escape character \ in the search query like:

    abc\-bcd

    I found some information on this in the web link given below, but I could
    not resolve the issue.

    http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_0/queryparsersyntax.html

    Could you please let me know if I am missing something here.
    Here is a sample code. Compare with your code to see what is going wrong.

    *RAMDirectory dir = new RAMDirectory();*
    *
    *
    * //Add one doc*
    * IndexWriter wr = new IndexWriter(dir, new StandardAnalyzer(),
    true);*
    * Document doc = new Document();*
    * doc.Add(new Field("field", "abc-def", Field.Store.YES,
    Field.Index.TOKENIZED));*
    * wr.AddDocument(doc);*
    * wr.Close();*
    *
    *
    * //Search*
    * IndexReader rdr = Lucene.Net.Index.IndexReader.Open(dir);*
    * IndexSearcher src = new IndexSearcher(rdr);*
    * Query query = new QueryParser("field", new
    StandardAnalyzer()).Parse("abc-def");*
    * TopDocs topdocs = src.Search(query, 1);*
    * MessageBox.Show(topdocs.ScoreDocs.Length.ToString());*

    Also if you could provide me the details of any support group that can help
    me with Lucene .Net related issues, that will be really helpful.
    This is the correct list, but you should subscribe to post messages.

    Thank you.

    Best Regards,
    Vas

    This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended
    solely
    for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient,
    please
    notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you
    are not
    to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
    person and
    any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has
    taken
    every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for
    any damage
    you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry
    out your
    own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves
    the
    right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from
    this e-mail
    Infosys e-mail system.

    DIGY

grouplucene-net-user @
categorieslucene
postedMay 12, '11 at 5:49a
activeMay 12, '11 at 7:29a
websitelucene.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Vasudeva Bhandarkar: 1 post Digy digy: 1 post