Hi,

For some reason when using stop words in the StandardAnalyzer the search
doesn't return anything when query say "are you a cool chicken" when the
stop word list contains "a", "are" and "you". But it does return when
searching for "cool chicken". I'm using a swedish stop words list, so
this might not apply when using english. Do I have to do something
special when searching, like removing the words in the stop words list
from the query string?

Regards
Simon

Search Discussions

  • Jokin Cuadrado at Jan 17, 2009 at 3:18 pm

    For some reason when using stop words in the StandardAnalyzer the search
    doesn't return anything when query say "are you a cool chicken" when the
    stop word list contains "a", "are" and "you". But it does return when
    searching for "cool chicken". I'm using a swedish stop words list, so
    this might not apply when using english. Do I have to do something
    special when searching, like removing the words in the stop words list
    from the query string?
    This is done automatically if you use the same analyzer with the same
    stop words in the search. Are you providing the stopwords to the
    search analyzer?

grouplucene-net-user @
categorieslucene
postedJan 16, '09 at 5:38p