Hello,

when I parse a query like this: "Hello World" AND field:\*
the query after parsing is "Hello World"

Why did it remove the second part of the query? My index really has a field
that can contain just an asteriks, and I need to be able to look for that.
Is that possible?

Thank you!

Search Discussions

  • Jokin Cuadrado at Jul 2, 2008 at 2:03 pm
    * is a special char for the queryparser, so i think it is filtered,
    take a look at the analyzer that you are using, if the * is indexed,
    you can modify the queryparser to take the * in account instead of
    using it for the wildcar, or you can build the query programatically
    without using the queryparser.

    On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Michiel van Oosterhout
    when I parse a query like this: "Hello World" AND field:\*
    the query after parsing is "Hello World"

    Why did it remove the second part of the query? My index really has a field
    that can contain just an asteriks, and I need to be able to look for that.
    Is that possible?

    Thank you!

grouplucene-net-user @
categorieslucene