- Will Lucene auto detect if the index is corrupted (and auto fix it)?

Thanks.

Search Discussions

  • Digy at May 8, 2008 at 5:46 pm
    As far as I know, If an application crashes in the middle of indexing (using
    Lucene 2.1.0.3);

    -There should be no index corruption,
    -Depending on the Merge factor(default 10) you can lose some lastly-added
    docs.(Max 9 for default),
    -Deletions are ignored(as if no deletions are made)

    DIGY.

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Michael Siu
    Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 3:04 AM
    To: lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org
    Subject: Is Lucene transacted when adding to index?

    Just some dump questions from a newbie:

    - Is Lucene tractacted during 'add documents' to index?

    - What happen when the process crashes in the middle of adding to the index?

    - Will Lucene auto detect if the index is corrupted (and auto fix it)?

    Thanks.
  • Michael Siu at May 8, 2008 at 5:57 pm
    What is the limit of Lucene: # of docs per index?

    In RangeFilter.Bits(), for example, it initializes a bitset to the size of
    maxDoc from the indexReader. I wonder what happen if the # of docs is huge,
    say MaxInt (4G in 32bit or 2^63 in 64 bit)?
  • Digy at May 8, 2008 at 6:04 pm
    I use Lucene.Net with 10s of millions of docs without a problem.
    If you are not intented to index whole internet, there shouldn't be any
    problem.

    DIGY

    What is the limit of Lucene: # of docs per index?

    In RangeFilter.Bits(), for example, it initializes a bitset to the size of
    maxDoc from the indexReader. I wonder what happen if the # of docs is huge,
    say MaxInt (4G in 32bit or 2^63 in 64 bit)?
  • Igor Kalders at May 9, 2008 at 6:18 am
    Lucene lacks "real" transactions and that's a pity imho. I've done some
    investigation on it some months ago, and there appeared to be a transacted
    version lying around somewhere, but that was in Java and, I believe,
    commercial.

    - Is Lucene tractacted during 'add documents' to index?

    - What happen when the process crashes in the middle of adding to the index?

    - Will Lucene auto detect if the index is corrupted (and auto fix it)?

    Thanks.
  • Digy at May 9, 2008 at 3:48 pm
    Lucene(Java) 2.3 supports transactions and is free.

    DIGY

    - Is Lucene tractacted during 'add documents' to index?

    - What happen when the process crashes in the middle of adding to the index?

    - Will Lucene auto detect if the index is corrupted (and auto fix it)?

    Thanks.

grouplucene-net-user @
categorieslucene
postedMay 8, '08 at 12:03a
activeMay 9, '08 at 3:48p
websitelucene.apache.org

3 users in discussion

Digy: 3 posts Michael Siu: 2 posts Igor Kalders: 1 post