Dear List,

in our application there are many long documents that we index. Previously we had a problem with lucene's scoring: some documents got low scores because their lengths. Then we started to use SweetSpotSimilarity and it seemed to solve the problem. But now we face an other difficulty: it's hard to set the correct parameters for SweetSpotSimilarity. For example we want the title of a page to always have the highest boost than its content no matter how long it is.
Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Ákos Tajti

  • Ian Lea at Jul 21, 2011 at 7:53 am
    Have you tried query time boosting of title queries? title:lucene^4
    content:lucene. Might be easier than fiddling with sweetspot
    arguments, although I see from the javadocs that "A per field min/max
    can be specified if different fields have different sweet spots". Not
    sure if that is relevant to you or not.

    --
    Ian.