*My env is jdk1.6 and lucene3.3.*
*
*At index time I have this:*
*
Directory directory = FSDirectory.open(new
File("d:\\temp\\lucene.index"));
IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(directory, myAnalizer,
IndexWriter.MaxFieldLength.UNLIMITED);
Document doc = new Document();
doc.add((Fieldable) new Field("bbbb", "bloom's bird", Field.Store.NO,
Field.Index.ANALYZED));
writer.addDocument(doc);
// add another doc
**
writer.close(); // 3
*
*

*
*
And I know only 'bloom' and 'bird' are indexed (I verify with luke). My
analyzer removes all non-alphanumeric chars.
*
*

*
*
At query time I do this:
*
*

*
*
QueryParser
**
qp
**
= new QueryParser(LUCENEVERSIONCOMPAT, FBODY,
**
myAnalizer
**
);
*
*
printHitCountQP(directory, qp, "bbbb:(*bloom's*)");
printHitCountQP(directory, qp, "bbbb:(*bloom)");
printHitCountQP(directory, qp, "bbbb:(*bloom AND b*)");

protected static void printHitCountQP(Directory directory, QueryParser
qp, String searchString) throws IOException, ParseException {
IndexSearcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(directory, true); //5
Query query = qp.parse(searchString);
int hitCount = searcher.search(query, 1).totalHits;
searcher.close();
System.out.println(searchString + " got " + hitCount + " Query is: "
+ query.toString());
}

And I get this:

bbbb:(*bloom's*) got 0 Query is: bbbb:*bloom's*
bbbb:(*bloom) got 2 Query is: bbbb:*bloom
bbbb:(*bloom AND b*) got 1 Query is: +bbbb:*bloom +bbbb:b*

Queries 2 and 3 are ok, but I don't understand the first case, shouldn't
have it removed the ' as I am using the same analyzer than I did at index
time??

thanks
*

Search Discussions

  • Ian Lea at Jul 12, 2011 at 11:02 am
    If I've read your example correctly it appears that at indexing your
    analyzer is converting "bloom's" to "bloom" but not at search time.
    Which implies that you aren't using the same analyzer in both cases.

    --
    Ian.

[...]

  • Jm at Jul 12, 2011 at 11:32 am
    *But I think I am! I build the QueryParser with the same analyzer I used at
    index time...
    *
    *
    *
    *Anyway, I'll try to build a self contained example independent of my app
    code.
    *
[...]

  • Jm at Jul 12, 2011 at 12:53 pm
    *Here is a self contained code:
    *
    *
    *
    *
    I verified with luke no 's' is indexed in the index. The output I get is:
    testChars
    bbbb:(bloom's*) got 0 Query is: bbbb:bloom's*
    bbbb:(bloom) got 1 Query is: bbbb:bloom
    bbbb:(bloom AND b*) got 1 Query is: +bbbb:bloom +bbbb:b*

    So what I don't understand why is the ' in the first query not being
    removed.
    thanks

    public class AnalyzerTest {
    public static void main(String[] args) throws IOException,
    ParseException {
    System.out.println("testChars ");
    Analyzer analyzer = getAnalyzer();

    //test search
    // Directory directory = new RAMDirectory();
    Directory directory = FSDirectory.open(new
    File("d:\\temp\\lucene.index"));
    IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(directory, analyzer,
    IndexWriter.MaxFieldLength.UNLIMITED); //2
    Document doc = new Document(); // 3
    String text = "bloom's bird";
    doc.add((Fieldable) new Field("bbbb", text, Field.Store.NO,
    Field.Index.ANALYZED)); // 3
    writer.addDocument(doc); // 3
    doc = new Document();
    doc.add((Fieldable) new Field("bbbb", "ungry abloom card",
    Field.Store.NO, Field.Index.ANALYZED)); // 3
    writer.addDocument(doc); // 3
    writer.close(); // 3
    //proximity
    QueryParser qp = new QueryParser(Version.LUCENE_24, "bbbb",
    analyzer);
    printHitCountQP(directory, qp, "bbbb:(bloom's*)");
    printHitCountQP(directory, qp, "bbbb:(bloom)");
    printHitCountQP(directory, qp, "bbbb:(bloom AND b*)");
    }

    private static Analyzer getAnalyzer() {
    return new MyAnalyzer();
    }

    protected static void printHitCountQP(Directory directory, QueryParser
    qp, String searchString) throws IOException, ParseException {
    IndexSearcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(directory, true); //5
    Query query = qp.parse(searchString);
    int hitCount = searcher.search(query, 1).totalHits;
    searcher.close();
    System.out.println(searchString + " got " + hitCount + " Query is: "
    + query.toString());

    class MyAnalyzer extends Analyzer {

    private static final String[] STOPS = { "i", "s" };
    private final Set<?> stopWords;
    private final boolean enablePositionIncrements;
    private int maxWordLength = 2000;
    private int minWordLength = 2;

    public Set getStopWords() {
    return stopWords;

    TokenStream result = new MyLowerCaseLetterNumberTokenizer(reader);
    result = new LengthFilter(result, minWordLength, maxWordLength);
    result = new StopFilter(enablePositionIncrements, result, stopWords,
    true);
    return result;
    }

    public MyAnalyzer() {
    this.stopWords = StopFilter.makeStopSet(STOPS);
    enablePositionIncrements =
    StopFilter.getEnablePositionIncrementsVersionDefault(Version.LUCENE_24);
    }

    private class SavedStreams {
    Tokenizer source;
    TokenStream result;
    };

    @Override
    public TokenStream reusableTokenStream(String fieldName, Reader reader)
    throws IOException {
    SavedStreams streams = (SavedStreams) getPreviousTokenStream();
    if (streams == null) {
    streams = new SavedStreams();

    streams.source = new MyLowerCaseLetterNumberTokenizer(reader);
    streams.result = new LengthFilter(streams.source, minWordLength,
    maxWordLength);
    streams.result = new StopFilter(enablePositionIncrements,
    streams.result, stopWords, true);
    setPreviousTokenStream(streams);
    } else
    streams.source.reset(reader);
    return streams.result;

    class MyLowerCaseLetterNumberTokenizer extends LetterTokenizer {

    public MyLowerCaseLetterNumberTokenizer(Reader in) {
    super(in);
    }

    public MyLowerCaseLetterNumberTokenizer(AttributeSource source, Reader
    in) {
    super(source, in);
    }

    public MyLowerCaseLetterNumberTokenizer(AttributeFactory factory, Reader
    in) {
    super(factory, in);
    }

    protected boolean isTokenChar(char c) {
    return Character.isLetterOrDigit(c);
    }

    protected char normalize(char c) {
    return Character.toLowerCase(c);

    *
  • Uwe Schindler at Jul 12, 2011 at 12:59 pm
    Wildcard queries don't use the analyzer, as the analyzer may also remove the
    "*". To work around this, there is an AnalyzingQueryParser in contrib, but
    be aware, that it may not always work as expected.

    -----
    Uwe Schindler
    H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
    http://www.thetaphi.de
[...]

  • Zmachado at Jul 12, 2011 at 3:00 pm
    The index looks to be fine but when I tip "http://localhost:8080/nutch/"
    this come out

    Estado HTTP 500 -

    type Informe de Excepción

    mensaje

    descripción El servidor encontró un error interno () que hizo que no
    pudiera rellenar este requerimiento.

    excepción

    org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.util.MissingResourceException:
    Can't find bundle for base name org.nutch.jsp.search, locale en_US
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:531)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:454)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:389)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:332)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)

    causa raíz

    java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name
    org.nutch.jsp.search, locale en_US
    java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:1539)
    java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:1278)
    java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:805)
    org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:56)
    org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:68)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:416)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:389)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:332)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)

    nota La traza completa de la causa de este error se encuentra en los
    archivos de diario de Apache Tomcat/7.0.5.
    Apache Tomcat/7.0.5

  • Marlen at Jul 12, 2011 at 4:52 pm
    I forgot to say .. Im using Nutch,,,,,
[...]

    -- > http://nutch.apache.org/mailing_lists.html