Greetings .
Eng. Yusniel Hidalgo Delgado
University of Informatics Sciences

  • Steven A Rowe at Jul 11, 2011 at 1:46 am
    This slide show is a few years old, but I think it might be a good introduction for you to the differences between the projects:

    http://www.slideshare.net/dnaber/apache-lucene-searching-the-web-and-everything-else-jazoon07/

    Steve

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Ing. Yusniel Hidalgo Delgado
    Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2011 9:30 PM
    To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
    Subject: Some question about Lucene

    Hello

    I'm a new Lucene user. I have the following question: is posible to build a crawler/spider with Lucene library or Lucene is only for index/search phases. I am studying three project: Nutch, Lucene and Solr but I don't see what is the main difference between them.

    Greetings .
    Eng. Yusniel Hidalgo Delgado
    University of Informatics Sciences
  • Yusniel Hidalgo Delgado at Jul 11, 2011 at 2:14 am
    Thanks Steve. Helpful this slide. Greetings.

    Enviados: Domingo, 10 de Julio 2011 21:45:48 (GMT-0500) Auto-Detected
    Asunto: RE: Some question about Lucene

    This slide show is a few years old, but I think it might be a good introduction for you to the differences between the projects:

    http://www.slideshare.net/dnaber/apache-lucene-searching-the-web-and-everything-else-jazoon07/

    Steve

    I'm a new Lucene user. I have the following question: is posible to build a crawler/spider with Lucene library or Lucene is only for index/search phases. I am studying three project: Nutch, Lucene and Solr but I don't see what is the main difference between them.

    Greetings .
    Eng. Yusniel Hidalgo Delgado
    University of Informatics Sciences

    Eng. Yusniel Hidalgo Delgado