I have multiple indexed folders (or directories), each holding indexing
files for specific purposes. I want to do a search over these folders (or
directories) in a same query.

Is it possible?

Thanks

Search Discussions

  • Uwe Schindler at Jun 23, 2011 at 5:04 pm
    IndexReader index1 = IndexReader.open(dir1);
    IndexReader index2 = IndexReader.open(dir2);
    IndexReader index3 = IndexReader.open(dir3);
    IndexReader all = new MultiReader(index1, index2, index3,...);
    IndexSearcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(all);

    ...search your indexes...

    all.close();
    index1.close();
    index2.close();
    index3.close();

    -----
    Uwe Schindler
    H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
    http://www.thetaphi.de
    I have multiple indexed folders (or directories), each holding indexing files
    for specific purposes. I want to do a search over these folders (or
    directories) in a same query.

    Is it possible?

    Thanks

  • Cheng at Jun 23, 2011 at 6:23 pm
    thanks man. very condense and easy to follow.

    can i ask how the multiple search will impact the performance? i have
    probably 50GB data in each of the 10-20 folders.