Because when I use [ 20110601 TO * ] lucene does not return my results greater than 20110601 but when I use
[20110601 TO 99999999], it works fine. Why is this? How do I get everything larger than 20110601. I have another
Case of sequence numbers and want to get everything above a certain number so I don't know what number
I should really include on the left side...I can include a long for now I guess but that is really a hack. I just
Simply want where sequence > 5678

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,
Dean

attachments from your system.

Search Discussions

  • Ian Lea at Jun 22, 2011 at 8:29 am
    [20110601 TO 99999999] is the way to do it, because these are string
    fields being checked with string comparisons. If your numbers are
    variable length you will need to pad them.

    Or look at NumericField and NumericRangeQuery. Faster and better.

    --
    Ian.

    On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Hiller, Dean x66079