We are using lucene 3.2 for our project where I needed to highlight search
matches. I earlier used default highlighter which did not work correctly
all the time.
So, I started using FHV which worked worked beautifully till I started
searching multiple terms. On digging I came to know FHV has a restriction of
minGram=maxGram for Ngram fields.

I think, it makes is practically useless for nGramText fields. Is their a
plan/patch available to remove this restriction?

Thanks,
Anupam

Search Discussions

  • Koji Sekiguchi at Jun 22, 2011 at 12:17 am

    We are using lucene 3.2 for our project where I needed to highlight search
    matches. I earlier used default highlighter which did not work correctly
    all the time.
    So, I started using FHV which worked worked beautifully till I started
    searching multiple terms. On digging I came to know FHV has a restriction of
    minGram=maxGram for Ngram fields.

    I think, it makes is practically useless for nGramText fields. Is their a
    plan/patch available to remove this restriction?
    Anupam,

    I'm sorry but no plan. Why I developed *FVH* (not FHV :) is because one of our customer
    required the highlighting feature for N-gram field. Now it has been contributed back to
    the community, I've used FVH for a lot of customers. But they are using CJKTokanizer
    or similar tokenizer which is minGram=maxGram. I don't have strong motivation of removing
    the restriction myself, but I'm open to accept patches as always.

    koji
    --
    http://www.rondhuit.com/en/