I want to retrieve all the field names from my index so that I can store
them in an array to use in MutiFieldQueryParser.
One question can I do it using my index directory? If yes then a piece of
code would be really helpful as I searched out a lot but no documentation is
there on this thing.

Why I want to do it using index directory is because my indexing code and
searching codes are in a different file. So it would be better if I can
access field names using the directory.

I tried with

IndexReader ir = new IndexReader(FSDirectory.open(indexDir));

Why isn't this correct?

I am a newbie in lucene, so may be these doubts can be silly.

Thanks

Search Discussions

  • Ian Lea at Jun 9, 2011 at 9:08 am
    See the javadocs for IndexReader.getFieldNames(IndexReader.FieldOption
    fldOption). Also see the javadocs for your "Why isn't this correct?"
    question.

    Reading Lucene In Action is highly recommended for all people new to lucene.

    --
    Ian.