Hi all,

we have a 20gb lucene index size. We are using lucene 3.1. For
business reasons, if a user searches suppose for java, we also have
to search its synonyms "core java".
so the query looks like below:
title:(java "core java")
we have approx 500 synonyms set, each having 3 to 5 phrases.
Now the problem is these kind of phrase queries taking more than 10 sec
time.

can any one show some light how to reduce the search time.

Search Discussions

  • Uwe Schindler at Jun 1, 2011 at 5:55 pm
    Hi,

    this is a bug in 3.1, which will be fixed in the coming version 3.2, see:

    You can also checkout the 3.1 branch, where it is also fixed (for a possible
    3.1.1 version, which will not come).

    Uwe

    -----
    Uwe Schindler
    H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
    http://www.thetaphi.de
    we have a 20gb lucene index size. We are using lucene 3.1. For business
    reasons, if a user searches suppose for java, we also have to search its
    synonyms "core java".
    so the query looks like below:
    title:(java "core java")
    we have approx 500 synonyms set, each having 3 to 5 phrases.
    Now the problem is these kind of phrase queries taking more than 10 sec
    time.

    can any one show some light how to reduce the search time.

  • Harsh srivastava at Jun 1, 2011 at 6:09 pm
    Hi,

    Thanks a lot Uwe.
    When can I expect new release?
    Till the next release what are the option except using 3.0.3.

    Harsh
[...]

  • Uwe Schindler at Jun 1, 2011 at 6:15 pm
    Hi,

    You should first try out, if this really solves your issue, I was just
    guessing, because this bug related to such problems of PhraseQuery taking
    long, which was fixed by myself.

    So I would recommend to try out the release candidate of Lucene 3.2:
    http://s.apache.org/lusolr32rc2 (this is the latest RC). If all went fine,
    this version will be released in about a week.

    Uwe

    -----