I have implemented my index (in fact it's a plugable indexing API) in "plain Lucene". It tried to implement a term suggestion mechanism on my own, being not to happy so far.
At
http://search-lucene.com/m/0QBv41ssGlh/suggestion&subj=Auto+Suggest
I have seen Solr's auto suggestion for search terms. Appart from not being "fuzzy" it looks quite promising.

How easily can I Integrate Solr's suggestion with my Lucene index?

Thx
Clemens

  • Dawid Weiss at May 5, 2011 at 1:01 pm
    If you check out the source code of solr/lucene, look at FSTLookup class and
    FSTLookupTest -- you can populate FSTLookup manually with terms/ phrases
    from your index and then use the resulting automaton for suggestions.

    Dawid
    I have implemented my index (in fact it's a plugable indexing API) in
    "plain Lucene". It tried to implement a term suggestion mechanism on my own,
    being not to happy so far.
    At
    http://search-lucene.com/m/0QBv41ssGlh/suggestion&subj=Auto+Suggest
    I have seen Solr's auto suggestion for search terms. Appart from not being
    "fuzzy" it looks quite promising.

    How easily can I Integrate Solr's suggestion with my Lucene index?

    Thx
    Clemens

  • Clemens Wyss at May 6, 2011 at 9:07 am
    I have come across TSTLookup.
    In which jar Do I find FSTLookup? Does any of these lookup-classes allow case insensitive lookups? My terms are (unfortunately) cased.

    What Lookup "sits" behind this suggester
    http://search-lucene.com/m/586gA4ccL11
    here?

    If you check out the source code of solr/lucene, look at FSTLookup class and
    FSTLookupTest -- you can populate FSTLookup manually with terms/ phrases
    from your index and then use the resulting automaton for suggestions.

    Dawid
    I have implemented my index (in fact it's a plugable indexing API) in
    "plain Lucene". It tried to implement a term suggestion mechanism on
    my own, being not to happy so far.
    At
    http://search-
    lucene.com/m/0QBv41ssGlh/suggestion&subj=Auto+Suggest
    I have seen Solr's auto suggestion for search terms. Appart from not
    being "fuzzy" it looks quite promising.

    How easily can I Integrate Solr's suggestion with my Lucene index?

    Thx
    Clemens

  • Dawid Weiss at May 6, 2011 at 9:12 am
    1. FSTLookup is in the trunk only, it has not been released.
    2. Case-insensitive lookups are possible, you'd just need to pass normalized
    tokens from which the dictionary is built and then use the same
    normalization at the time you query for suggestions.
    3. "http://search-lucene.com/m/586gA4ccL11". I have no idea.

    Dawid

    On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Clemens Wyss <clemensdev@mysign.ch>
    I have implemented my index (in fact it's a plugable indexing API) in
    "plain Lucene". It tried to implement a term suggestion mechanism on
    my own, being not to happy so far.
    At
    http://search-
    lucene.com/m/0QBv41ssGlh/suggestion&subj=Auto+Suggest
    I have seen Solr's auto suggestion for search terms. Appart from not
    being "fuzzy" it looks quite promising.

    How easily can I Integrate Solr's suggestion with my Lucene index?

    Thx
    Clemens

  • Clemens Wyss at May 6, 2011 at 9:18 am
    Thx Dawid,
    Could you be more precise on 2. ? I'd like to leave the suggested terms untouched, i.e. cased.

    Clemens

    wrote:
    I have implemented my index (in fact it's a plugable indexing API)
    in "plain Lucene". It tried to implement a term suggestion
    mechanism on my own, being not to happy so far.
    At
    http://search-
    lucene.com/m/0QBv41ssGlh/suggestion&subj=Auto+Suggest
    I have seen Solr's auto suggestion for search terms. Appart from
    not being "fuzzy" it looks quite promising.

    How easily can I Integrate Solr's suggestion with my Lucene index?

    Thx
    Clemens

  • Dawid Weiss at May 6, 2011 at 9:31 am
    So you'd like case-sensitive lookup, not case-insensitive lookup. FSTLookup
    just takes characters from the input and does not perform any normalization.
    So, if you feed it terms with casing, you'll get (cased) suggestions back.
    If you need cased suggestions, but provide normalized (lowercased) prefixes
    you'll get nothing, although such a feature would be relatively easy to
    implement based on the automaton code currently in the SVN.

    On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Clemens Wyss <clemensdev@mysign.ch>

    wrote:
    I have implemented my index (in fact it's a plugable indexing API)
    in "plain Lucene". It tried to implement a term suggestion
    mechanism on my own, being not to happy so far.
    At
    http://search-
    lucene.com/m/0QBv41ssGlh/suggestion&subj=Auto+Suggest
    I have seen Solr's auto suggestion for search terms. Appart from
    not being "fuzzy" it looks quite promising.

    How easily can I Integrate Solr's suggestion with my Lucene index?

    Thx
    Clemens

  • Clemens Wyss at May 6, 2011 at 1:22 pm
    What if I'd like to add "fuzzy" lookup for terms?

    E.g.:
    "melo" should also bring up "merlot"

    wrote:
    I have implemented my index (in fact it's a plugable indexing
    API) in "plain Lucene". It tried to implement a term
    suggestion mechanism on my own, being not to happy so far.
    At
    http://search-
    lucene.com/m/0QBv41ssGlh/suggestion&subj=Auto+Suggest
    I have seen Solr's auto suggestion for search terms. Appart
    from not being "fuzzy" it looks quite promising.

    How easily can I Integrate Solr's suggestion with my Lucene index?

    Thx
    Clemens

    For additional commands, e-mail:
    java-user-help@lucene.apache.org
  • Dawid Weiss at May 6, 2011 at 2:02 pm
    FSTLookup is strictly prefix-based. JaspellLookup should handle the fuzzy
    matching, but I know very little about it. The source code is your friend,
    though -- just try what works and what doesn't.

    Dawid

    On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Clemens Wyss <clemensdev@mysign.ch>

    wrote:
    I have implemented my index (in fact it's a plugable indexing
    API) in "plain Lucene". It tried to implement a term
    suggestion mechanism on my own, being not to happy so far.
    At
    http://search-
    lucene.com/m/0QBv41ssGlh/suggestion&subj=Auto+Suggest
    I have seen Solr's auto suggestion for search terms. Appart
    from not being "fuzzy" it looks quite promising.

    How easily can I Integrate Solr's suggestion with my Lucene
    Thx
    Clemens

    For additional commands, e-mail:
    java-user-help@lucene.apache.org
  • Michael McCandless at May 5, 2011 at 2:44 pm
    Also, have a look at the patch on this issue:

    That issue factors out spell checking / auto suggest from Lucene &
    Solr into a shared module.

    Mike

    http://blog.mikemccandless.com