Is there a built debug version of lucene 3.0.3 so I can profile it
properly to find what part of the search is taking the time.

Note:Ive already profiled by application and determined that it is the
lucene/Search that is taking the time, I also had another attempt using
luke but find it incredibly buggy and of little use.

thanks Paul

  • Simon Willnauer at Apr 29, 2011 at 2:09 pm
    Hey paul,

    you can simply checkout the tag or download the sources right?
    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/tags/lucene_3_0_3/
    or http://ftp.download-by.net/apache//lucene/java/3.0.3/

    simon
    Is there a built debug version of lucene 3.0.3 so I can profile it properly
    to find what part of the search is taking the time.

    Note:Ive already profiled by application and determined that it is the
    lucene/Search that is taking the time, I also had another attempt using luke
    but find it incredibly buggy and of little use.

    thanks Paul

  • Dawid Weiss at Apr 29, 2011 at 2:18 pm

    lucene/Search that is taking the time, I also had another attempt using
    luke
    but find it incredibly buggy and of little use
    Can you expand on this too? What kind of "incredible bugs" did you see?
    Without feedback there is little progress, so bug reports count.

    Dawid
  • Dawid Weiss at Apr 29, 2011 at 8:20 pm
    Instead of profiling, provide some more info about the following:

    - what are the problematic (slow) queries -- are they generated from the
    code, are they parsed from text? What are they? Certain query types are
    slow(er) than other query types.

    - what is the index built from? Natural language (text)? Something else?

    If you describe the above folks may tell you right away why your queries are
    slow -- people on this list continue to amaze me with the insight they have
    even without looking at the code ;)

    Dawid