I am trying to find the actual lucene score of the document after the search. I have set different boost values to fields. I am using document.getBoost(), to find the score but I am getting document boost as 1 for all the documents.

Is there any way I can calculate the actual score of the document.

Thanks,
Madhu.

  • Anshum at Apr 19, 2011 at 2:47 pm
    Hi Madhu,
    You could use IndexSearcher.explain(..) to explain the result and get the
    detailed breakup of the score. That should probably help you with
    understanding the boost and score as calculated by lucene for your app.

    --
    Anshum Gupta
    http://ai-cafe.blogspot.com