Consider this case :

Lucene index contains documents with these fields :
title
author
publisher

I have coded my app to use MultiFieldQueryParser so that it queries all
fields.
Now if user types something like "author:tom" in search box, how do I make
it go with only that field ?

  • Trejkaz at Apr 19, 2011 at 1:06 pm

    Lucene index contains documents with these fields :
    title
    author
    publisher

    I have coded my app to use MultiFieldQueryParser so that it queries all fields.
    Now if user types something like "author:tom" in search box, how do I make
    it go with only that field ?
    That should already be happening. MultiFieldQueryParser only applies
    the multiple fields when no field is specified.

    TX