Is there a minimum string length requirement for proximity search? For
example, would "a~" or "an~" trigger proximity search? The result
would be horrible if there is no such requirement.

Thanks,
Andy

  • Erick Erickson at Mar 31, 2011 at 1:52 am
    Uhhhm, doesn't "term1 term2"~5 work? If not, why not?

    You might get some use from
    http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_0/queryparsersyntax.html

    Or if that's not germane, perhaps you can explain your use case.

    Best
    Erick