Hi guys,
Here is my noob question:

I'm trying to do fuzzy search on first name, last name. I'm using
double metaphone analyzer. and i encountered the following problem.
for example, when i search for picasso, "paski" shows up with the same
score as the spelling of "picasso". when i look at the analyzer result
of "paksi, picasso" they are both analyzed as ''PKS". why isn't the
exact spelling getting a higher score?

thanks.

Search Discussions

  • Paul Libbrecht at Mar 14, 2011 at 9:11 pm
    Merlin,

    the kind of magic such as "prefer an exact match" still has to be programmed.
    Searching in a field with double-metaphone analyzer will only compare tokens by their double-metaphone-results.
    You probably want query expansion:

    text:picasso

    to be expanded to:

    text:picasso^3.0 text.stemmed:picass^1.5 text.phonetic:PKS^1.2

    paul

    I'm trying to do fuzzy search on first name, last name. I'm using double metaphone analyzer. and i encountered the following problem.
    for example, when i search for picasso, "paski" shows up with the same score as the spelling of "picasso". when i look at the analyzer result of "paksi, picasso" they are both analyzed as ''PKS". why isn't the exact spelling getting a higher score?

    thanks.

  • Merlin.list at Mar 14, 2011 at 9:29 pm