What's the best way to replace WhitespaceAnalyzer in this line in Lucene
nightly build 4.0 ? Is there a generic analyzer I can use ?

writer = new IndexWriter(FSDirectory.open(INDEX_DIR), new
WhitespaceAnalyzer(), true, IndexWriter.MaxFieldLength.LIMITED);

thanks

Search Discussions

  • Simon Willnauer at Mar 8, 2011 at 8:08 pm
    Why do you want to replace the WhitespaceAnalyzer? I don't really
    understand what you are up to.

    simon

    On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Patrick Diviacco
    What's the best way to replace WhitespaceAnalyzer in this line in Lucene
    nightly build 4.0 ? Is there a generic analyzer I can use ?

    writer = new IndexWriter(FSDirectory.open(INDEX_DIR), new
    WhitespaceAnalyzer(), true, IndexWriter.MaxFieldLength.LIMITED);

    thanks
    properly. The reason is that I'm using the nightly built of Lucene (trunk)
    and such WhitespaceAnalyzer is not there. Also, if I download the commons
    analyzers library it is not there.

    thanks
    Why do you want to replace the WhitespaceAnalyzer? I don't really
    understand what you are up to.

    simon

    On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Patrick Diviacco
    What's the best way to replace WhitespaceAnalyzer in this line in Lucene
    nightly build 4.0 ? Is there a generic analyzer I can use ?

    writer = new IndexWriter(FSDirectory.open(INDEX_DIR), new
    WhitespaceAnalyzer(), true, IndexWriter.MaxFieldLength.LIMITED);

    thanks
    properly. The reason is that I'm using the nightly built of Lucene (trunk)
    and such WhitespaceAnalyzer is not there. Also, if I download the commons
    analyzers library it is not there.
    well it should be there - look at
    /trunk/modules/analysis/common/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/core/WhitespaceAnalyzer.java
    go to the trunk folder and run ant package from there this should
    build the analyzer-common.jar too

    simon
    thanks
    Why do you want to replace the WhitespaceAnalyzer? I don't really
    understand what you are up to.

    simon

    On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Patrick Diviacco
    What's the best way to replace WhitespaceAnalyzer in this line in Lucene
    nightly build 4.0 ? Is there a generic analyzer I can use ?

    writer = new IndexWriter(FSDirectory.open(INDEX_DIR), new
    WhitespaceAnalyzer(), true, IndexWriter.MaxFieldLength.LIMITED);

    thanks
  • Uwe Schindler at Mar 13, 2011 at 1:45 pm
    I don't see your problem - If you need any of the packages as JAR files,
    here they are as MAVEN artifacts:

    https://builds.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-Solr-Maven-trunk/lastSuccessfulB
    uild/artifact/maven_artifacts/org/apache/lucene/

    Uwe

    -----
    Uwe Schindler
    H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen