I have released an open source project maven-lucene-plugin
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/lucene-plugin/> hosted at SourceForge.
Its a maven plugin with which index can be created (without writing any
code ) from a file source. The structure of the index can be defined in
a file lucene.xml. I have also created a dependency which provided easy
to use methods which work on the same index created by the
maven-lucene-plugin (using the same lucene.xml).

This plugin removes the need of knowledge of lucene's API to use Lucene.

The full documentation about the plugin can be found here
<http://xebee.xebia.in/2011/02/28/maven-lucene-plugin/>. The plugin is
available in the Central Maven Repository
<http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/> and can also be browsed here
<https://oss.sonatype.org/index.html#nexus-search;quick%7Emaven-lucene-plugin>.

I would highly appreciate your feedback on the plugin. Along with some
suggestions on how to improve it. As this is only the first version, we
have lot to develop in the plugin. If you are interested in contributing
to the plugin, please write to me. That would be very helpful.

If Apache wants, I would be glad to donate the plugin to Apache to make
it more stronger. Right now, the source code is on Sourceforge (here
<https://lucene-plugin.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/lucene-plugin/trunk/maven-lucene-plugin/>)
and the artifacts are on Central Maven Repository (here
<http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/xebia/>).

Thanks and Regards,
Paritosh Ranjan

groupjava-user @