looking at the Term and QueryParser class, I always have to provide a field name. MultiFieldQueryParser requires a list of fields. But what if I just want to search withing "all fields", not enumerating them?

Any advices?

  • Ian Lea at Mar 2, 2011 at 3:45 pm
    A common alternative is to create a catch all field called something
    like "contents" and dump all searchable data in there, instead of or
    as well as in individual fields, depending on your requirements.

    There is no out-of-the-box way to automatically search across all fields.

    --
    Ian.