Hi all,

Is there a way to find the length of a field of a lucene index document?

Thanks,
Lahiru

Search Discussions

  • Anshum at Mar 1, 2011 at 5:59 am
    Hi Lahiru,
    A few questions here.
    Why would you need that? Is the field stored?

    --
    Anshum Gupta
    http://ai-cafe.blogspot.com

    On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 11:04 AM, Lahiru Samarakoon wrote:

    Hi all,

    Is there a way to find the length of a field of a lucene index document?

    Thanks,
    Lahiru
  • Lahiru Samarakoon at Mar 1, 2011 at 6:07 am
    Hi Anshum,

    I am trying to implement a custom length normalization mechanism, which
    needs the length of the field being searched.

    Yes, the field is stored.

    Thanks,
    Lahiru.
  • Nick Pellow at Mar 1, 2011 at 6:31 am
    Have you considered storing the length of the field in a Payload?
    You could do that during analysis.

    Cheers,
    Nick
    I am trying to implement a custom length normalization mechanism, which
    needs the length of the field being searched.

    Yes, the field is stored.

    Thanks,
    Lahiru.

  • Lahiru Samarakoon at Mar 1, 2011 at 9:06 am
    Thanks nick, will try that