Hi all,

in our project we're using lucene in tomcat. To avoid some overhead we have
a shared IndexSearcher instance. In the past we had too many open files
errors many times. To prevent this the IndexSearcher is closed and reopened
after indexing. The shared instance is not closed anywhere else in the code.
Is this the right way of preventing these kind of errors?

Thanks in advance for your answers,
Ákos Tajti

Search Discussions

  • Simon Willnauer at Feb 25, 2011 at 6:15 pm
    Hey,

    the too many open files can be prevented by raising the limit of open files ;)

    there is a nice summary on the FAQ you might wanna look at:

    http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ#Why_am_I_getting_an_IOException_that_says_.22Too_many_open_files.22.3F

    if you have further questions just come back here!

    Simon