I'm trying to set different boost values for different fields. Before adding
the document to the index every value is fine. But when I run a search in
the explanation every boost is 1 and the final score of the matches is not
affected by the boost values set. I set omitNorms to false and index to
ANALYZED. The only solution I found is setting store to YES. Do you have any
ideas?

Akos Tajti

Search Discussions

  • Akos Tajti at Feb 17, 2011 at 7:57 am
    I'm trying to set different boost values for different fields. Before adding
    the document to the index every value is fine. But when I run a search in
    the explanation every boost is 1 and the final score of the matches is not
    affected by the boost values set. I set omitNorms to false and index to
    ANALYZED. The only solution I found is setting store to YES. Do you have any
    ideas?

    Thanks in advance,
    Ákos Tajti
  • Ian Lea at Feb 17, 2011 at 12:08 pm
    Try different boost values with larger gaps between low and high. If
    that doesn't help, post a tiny but complete self-contained example
    that demonstrates the problem. And you should always say what version
    of lucene you are using.

    --
    Ian.