Hey All,

I try to construct a boolean query that has to run on 3 different set of
in two of them, it should query a field name "contents" and in one of them,
it should query a field named "text".
How can I use MultiSearcher to support this structure?

Thanks a lot,
Liat

Search Discussions

  • Anshum at Feb 14, 2011 at 6:26 pm
    Hi Liat,
    You could use open a multi/parallelmultisearcher on the indexes that you
    have and then construct an OR query e.g. (contents:A OR text:A)
    I am assuming that the field names do not overlap. If that is not the case
    then you'd need another solution.

    --
    Anshum Gupta
    http://ai-cafe.blogspot.com

    I try to construct a boolean query that has to run on 3 different set of
    in two of them, it should query a field name "contents" and in one of them,
    it should query a field named "text".
    How can I use MultiSearcher to support this structure?

    Thanks a lot,
    Liat
  • Liat oren at Feb 14, 2011 at 6:46 pm
    Ok, thanks a lot !
    I will try that
    You could use open a multi/parallelmultisearcher on the indexes that you
    have and then construct an OR query e.g. (contents:A OR text:A)
    I am assuming that the field names do not overlap. If that is not the case
    then you'd need another solution.

    --
    Anshum Gupta
    http://ai-cafe.blogspot.com

    I try to construct a boolean query that has to run on 3 different set of
    in two of them, it should query a field name "contents" and in one of them,
    it should query a field named "text".
    How can I use MultiSearcher to support this structure?

    Thanks a lot,
    Liat

groupjava-user @
categorieslucene