I have searching fields from multiple indexes. I am using Boolean Query. Index Search is taking nearly 20 sec for one query.

I have read that Query Filter have a feature of caching the inner Query search results. I am not sure which Query is useful whether Query Filter or boolean query ?

Can you suggest me whether Multi-Index search (MultiSearch) or Filtered Search can improve performance ?

Thanks in Advance.

  • Simon Willnauer at Feb 3, 2011 at 6:34 pm
    You should really provide us with more info. Maybe some code too.
    Valuable infos are for example:

    - how big is your index?
    - how does the query look like?
    - are you searching from a local file system or ram dir or from remote FS?
    - how fast is the second search?
    - which version of lucene are you useing?

    simon