Hello there,
I was looking for best practices for indexing/searching on a
multi-processor/core machine but could not find any specific material on
that. Do you think it is a good idea to create a guide/how-to for that
purpose? It would be very helpful for many people in todays world,
where almost all the machines come with multi cores and optionally
multi-processors.

regards
-siraj

  • Glen Newton at Jan 25, 2011 at 4:59 pm
    This is some older stuff I have done, likely still fairly relevant. I
    would say that today things are _better_ than these results for Lucene
    multithreading / multicore. :-)
    http://zzzoot.blogspot.com/2008/06/lucene-concurrent-search-performance.html
    http://zzzoot.blogspot.com/2008/06/simultaneous-threaded-query-lucene.html
    http://zzzoot.blogspot.com/2008/04/lucene-indexing-performance-benchmarks.html