Hi

Under LUCENE-2720 the index format of both trunk and 3x has changed. You
should re-index any indexes created with either of these code streams.

Shai

Search Discussions

  • Earl Hood at Jan 23, 2011 at 4:19 pm

    On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 11:14 PM, Shai Erera wrote:
    Under LUCENE-2720 the index format of both trunk and 3x has changed. You
    should re-index any indexes created with either of these code streams.
    Does the "3x" refer to the 3.x development branch?

    I.e. For those of using the stable 3.x release of Lucene, will
    a future 3.x release require rebuilding indexes?

    --ewh

  • Erick Erickson at Jan 23, 2011 at 5:03 pm
    <<<Does the "3x" refer to the 3.x development branch?>>>
    yes

    <<<will a future 3.x release require rebuilding indexes>>>
    Unknown. The devs are trying mightily to keep this kind of thing out of
    the 3_x branch, but this was a fairly nasty bug rather than an
    enhancement which made it important enough to put in the 3x branch.

    This is NOT the same sort of issue you've seen in messages about
    rebuilding trunk indexes, those are enhancements and, I believe,
    will never be back-ported to 3x

    Best
    Erick