Could someone tell me the effect (if any) of having term vectors set to
WITH_POSITIONS_OFFSETS vs YES in terms of search performance? I did some
testing and the results were inconclusive. In one case,
WITH_POSITIONS_OFFSETS was searched faster than YES, in all others, it was
the reverse. Is the performance effect only at indexing time?

Thanks.

Maricris Villareal

Search Discussions

  • Michael McCandless at Nov 30, 2010 at 7:41 pm
    The performance impact should only be at indexing time, unless you
    actually retrieve the vectors for some number of hits at search time.

    Mike