hello list,

more and more I seem to encounter situations where the delivery of a prebuilt lucene index is desirable.

The binary format probably works (experience hints would be welcome) but I fear it would be fragile with versioning (it certainly fails at version-downgrading).

Did anyone work on a lucene import-export format? Something like XML that would load fairly fast provided I/O goes fast?

thanks in advance

paul

  • Grant Ingersoll at Nov 9, 2010 at 12:09 pm
    You can do this in trunk right now using the Codec capability. In fact, there is a text version already, but it is likely to be really slow on anything significant. You could likely produce something that is faster but still readable.