Hello,

I would like to search several fields while applying different Filter's to
the results of different fields.

Is it possible to (efficiently) filter out results according to which fields
they are coming from? I've been navigating the code and Javadocs, and
haven't found any way to do it.

One alternative would be to search for each field (or groups of
fields) separately. Can anyone comment on the performance impact and
scalability of searching separately per field?

Kind regards,
--
Francisco

Search Discussions

  • Erick Erickson at Nov 1, 2010 at 7:00 pm
    I'm not quite following here. You can construct filters on any field you
    want,
    and combine them as you choose, then apply the resulting filter to your
    query.
    See TermsFilter for instance. Or, your filter could #be# your query.

    If this is gibberish, could you give an example or two showing what you're
    trying to accomplish?

    Best
    Erick
    I would like to search several fields while applying different Filter's to
    the results of different fields.

    Is it possible to (efficiently) filter out results according to which
    fields
    they are coming from? I've been navigating the code and Javadocs, and
    haven't found any way to do it.

    One alternative would be to search for each field (or groups of
    fields) separately. Can anyone comment on the performance impact and
    scalability of searching separately per field?

    Kind regards,
    --
    Francisco
  • Findbestopensource at Nov 2, 2010 at 1:45 pm
    Hello

    Doing single search with multiple filters will give faster results.
    Doing search per field (multiple saerch) and combining the results is a bad
    idea.

    Regards
    Aditya
    www.findbestopensource.com

    I would like to search several fields while applying different Filter's to
    the results of different fields.

    Is it possible to (efficiently) filter out results according to which
    fields
    they are coming from? I've been navigating the code and Javadocs, and
    haven't found any way to do it.

    One alternative would be to search for each field (or groups of
    fields) separately. Can anyone comment on the performance impact and
    scalability of searching separately per field?

    Kind regards,
    --
    Francisco

groupjava-user @