Hi, how would you make Lucene leave a search log of
who searched what, when, etc (i.e. cookie, query, timestamp, etc)?
Is there a built-in Lucene function that allows me to do this,
Or is Lucene doing it already by default and I just can't find it?

Search Discussions

  • Anshum at Oct 13, 2010 at 4:04 am
    Hi Hyun,

    Lucene is a library and so does not log searches. You'd have to build it.
    Plus in case you're looking at implementing things at that high a level, you
    may instead use SOLR, though 'm not sure what's the stage of implementation
    of your project. Incase you're yet to begin, you may look at SOLR, which
    provides an out of the box engine.

    --
    Anshum Gupta
    http://ai-cafe.blogspot.com

    Hi, how would you make Lucene leave a search log of
    who searched what, when, etc (i.e. cookie, query, timestamp, etc)?
    Is there a built-in Lucene function that allows me to do this,
    Or is Lucene doing it already by default and I just can't find it?

groupjava-user @
categorieslucene
postedOct 13, '10 at 3:27a
activeOct 13, '10 at 4:04a