A newbie's question: From a search, I find a document. Now I want to search
a different keyword across various fields *only* in this document. Is this
possible?
Kindly explain.

Regards
Pankaj

Search Discussions

  • Pankaj Malhotra at Sep 14, 2010 at 11:44 am
    Also, if someone could tell how to search across all the fields together and
    also know which field the search result belong to. Other than using the
    "All" field kind of approach. Also using MultiFieldQueryParser doesn't work
    for me as the number and names of fields keep on changing.

    Thanks in advance
    Pankaj
    A newbie's question: From a search, I find a document. Now I want to search
    a different keyword across various fields *only* in this document. Is this
    possible?
    Kindly explain.

    Regards
    Pankaj
  • Suman Holani at Sep 14, 2010 at 11:53 am
    you can use query filter for that purpose .

    Suman

    On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 17:14:19 +0530, Pankaj Malhotra
    Also, if someone could tell how to search across all the fields together
    and
    also know which field the search result belong to. Other than using the
    "All" field kind of approach. Also using MultiFieldQueryParser doesn't work
    for me as the number and names of fields keep on changing.

    Thanks in advance
    Pankaj
    On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Pankaj Malhotra
    A newbie's question: From a search, I find a document. Now I want to
    search
    a different keyword across various fields *only* in this document. Is
    this
    possible?
    Kindly explain.

    Regards
    Pankaj
  • Pankaj Malhotra at Sep 14, 2010 at 6:04 pm
    @Suman:Yaa, that's what I needed.

    Thanks
    Pankaj