I'm curious about what the largest Lucene installations are, in terms of:

- Greatest number of documents (i.e. X billion docs)
- Largest data size (i.e. Y terabytes of indexes)
- Most machines (i.e. Z shards or severs)

Apart from general curiosity, the obvious follow-up question would be what
approaches were taken to scale to extremes.

We have ~11 billion documents indexed (growing at >2 billion per month), but
I'm sure someone else has enough that this appears puny. (-:

Thanks,
Chris

Search Discussions

  • Fulin tang at Sep 9, 2010 at 5:24 am
    we now have 0.15 billion documents, which source size 1.5 TB, on 16 shards .

    I am very interested how you get your job done

    梦的开始挣扎于城市的边缘
    心的远方执着在脚步的瞬间
    我的宿命埋藏了寂寞的永远