Hello

I'm having problem with searching phrase and using Surround Query Parser, so
let look at input surround queries (test examples)
1. "yellow orange"
2. lemon 2n ("yellow orange") 4n banana
where 2n, 4n are within connectors.

You see I surrounded yellow orange into quotes to let the parser know this
is PhraseQuery, but unfortunately the parser does not support PhraseQuery at
all. Could you please advice some workaround for such situation? How I
should handle such queries to get results from an index? I believe this is
common problem and there already is some solution.....

I'm using Lucene version 2.9.1.

Thanks,
Flaiz

  • Ahmet Arslan at May 28, 2010 at 8:03 pm

    I'm having problem with searching phrase and using Surround
    Query Parser, so
    let look at input surround queries (test examples)
    1. "yellow orange"
    2. lemon 2n ("yellow orange") 4n banana
    where 2n, 4n are within connectors.
    You don't need phrasequery when you already have spannearquery.

    surround equivalent of "yellow orange" is yellow w orange

    lemon 2n ("yellow orange") 4n banana => lemon 2n (yellow w orange) 4n banana