Does anyone know of any classes available that allow you to define and use your own synonyms when searching with Lucene? I read some about WordPress but it seems those synonyms are predefined English words. The application I am working with searches for the names of contacts and companies. I would like for the user to be able to set "Dan" as a synonym for "Daniel" or "BOA" for "Bank of America" ...etc

--Larry

Larry A. Hendrix, Graduate Student
Computer Science Department
University of Wisconsin-Madison
1300 University Ave Rm 6749
Madison, WI 53711
Office: (608) 263-7624
lhendrix@cs.wisc.edu
Grambling State University Alum

Search Discussions

  • Simon Willnauer at May 24, 2010 at 7:53 pm
    Larry, you should look at the SynonymFilter in Lucene Contrib Analysis.

    simon