I have indexed RDF in N-triple format (with three fields -- "subject",
"predicate", "object") and now am trying to query the index with a
PrefixQuery on the "subject" field. My test case is to get back all
documents whose subject field starts with the prefix "<http", and I would
expect to get back all documents. Instead, the PrefixQuery returns 0
documents. I have read and can't see why the PrefixQuery is returning 0
results.

Here is the relevant code:

IndexReader n3reader = IndexReader.open(FSDirectory.open(new File(index)),
true);
Searcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(n3reader);
Analyzer analyzer = new StandardAnalyzer(Version.LUCENE_CURRENT);

String test = "<http";

Query nsQuery = new PrefixQuery(new Term("subject", test));

TopDocs hits = searcher.search(nsQuery, 10);

System.out.println("Hits: "+hits.totalHits);

This code prints out '0' hits ... Any suggestions for why this isn't
working?? Thanks,

Alison Callahan

  • Uwe Schindler at Feb 17, 2010 at 4:01 pm
    How is "subject indexed"?

    I fit is indexed with ANALYZED not as keyword only, StandardAnalyzer will remove <, lowercase and so on.

    -----
    Uwe Schindler
    H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
    http://www.thetaphi.de
[...]

  • AlisonCallahan at Feb 17, 2010 at 4:18 pm
    Originally "subject" was indexed with ANALYZED ... I changed it to
    NOT_ANALYZED (there was no "keyword" option for indexing in Lucene 3.0.0),
    and I am still having the same problem.

    Thanks,

    Alison Callahan

    Uwe Schindler wrote:
[...]

  • AlisonCallahan at Feb 17, 2010 at 4:21 pm
    Nevermind ... I wrote too soon ... It works!! Thank you Uwe Schindler!

    Alison Callahan