Dear everyone,
I am beginner of Java Lucene, please help me for the following question of
my research:

Now, I have a SET of text documents that indexed by Lucene.
If I have another text document as a query,
my mission is that finding in the SET what are tops of similar documents
with this query.
How to create this query that is a document including several terms?
What kind of Class Query, or QueryParser I should use?

I am reading some answers from forums, but have not yet seen clear solutions
utilizing Java Lucene.
I am grateful for your ideas.

Regards

Search Discussions

  • Dinh at Dec 21, 2009 at 8:56 am
    Have you taken a look at MoreLikeThis

    http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_0/api/org/apache/lucene/search/similar/MoreLikeThis.html

    Regards,

    Dinh

    my mission is that finding in the SET what are tops of similar documents
    with this query.
  • Phan The Dai at Dec 21, 2009 at 9:13 am
    Hello Dinh,
    Thank you very much for your answer,

    Before examize deeply Class "MoreLikeThis", I have got one more issue:
    To work with my idea,
    I need implementing a Vector Space Model by using Lucene Library.
    so that I can compare every document in the SET of Docs
    with a query (or include several terms, long as text document).

    "MoreLikeThis" can do it with the same mechanism?
    If not, please show me how to implement a Lucene query that including many
    terms.

    Again, thank you much!