hello all

i've a doubt in search , i've a word in my index welcomelucene (without
spaces) , when i search for welcome lucene(with a space) , am not able to
get the hits. It should pick the document welcomelucene.. is there anyway to
do it ? i've used wildcard option too. but no results , please anyone help
me..

  • Erick Erickson at Oct 29, 2009 at 2:29 pm
    Why would you expect to get a hit on your document? There are
    three distinct tokens here:
    welcomlucene
    welcome
    lucene

    Lucene searches for *matching* tokens, so searching
    for the tokens 'welcome' and 'lucene' essentially asks
    "are there two tokens in the document that exactly match
    these?" and the answer is "no", so no hits (assuming
    AND here, the OR argument is similar).

    As for the wlidcard question, we'd need to see the code
    to be able to help there....

    You might go up on the Wiki and review tokenization to
    understand this issue better.

    Best
    Erick